Youth Nationals This Year

telecat

So looks like the number of rounds for the C & D Championship is a bit much. After the ACU said they would try and make things "easier" for parents they come up with 8 rounds in 7 months!!!! That might sound OK but 3 of those are in September!! Even worse for any competitor south of Watford 6 of them are in the North. The A&B at least has the Rounds spread around datewise even though most are northern based.

This is the Problem. The EXPENSE of these rounds. The Petrol, Diesel, Parts and Accommodation incurred means many potential Entrants are already put off. It cost me over £300 a round 4 years ago. That was averaging it out between the Close and Distant rounds. I expect it will be over £500 each without adding in the cost of the Bike and Van to carry it. Yet instead of addressing that issue they Fiddle with the rules expecting more bikes to enter. Not with these fixtures they won't.

At least one rider in the D class last year and he finished 3rd......bearing in mind several rounds were in the West Country last year think he did more travelling then most....damn right he should get the chance to compete in a British championship in Scotland....just as there should really be a round in Wales and Ireland but can't have it all. Do all rounds count this year??

• Like 1

the c+d have a round in scotland !!!!!!!!!!!!

thats really gonna help,remind me how many scottish riders in last years c+d ?

come on acu,take your head out of your ars... and smell the coffee

for us to do that one round will cost best part of £350

it is too much !!!

it's about time we get a youth round in scotland, after all it is a british round! the scottish round in 2013 is still a 3 - 4 hour drive for me and my son and that's the closest one!

i do agree that the amount of rounds is probably too much but surely it could be maybe 5 rounds counting out of the 8?