36V Battery Life

gwl3

Just got a new 36v Oset . I've been charging the batteries as directed in the owners manual but the battery life seems poor . The life just drops off the edge of a cliff after about 30 mins of general "section" riding in the local flat woodland . Strictly no wide open throttle MX riding . The battery indicators wouldn't go past the 2nd light as the performance dropped off but the bike was crawling at about 3mph . Even when the bike ground to a halt and stopped it showed 2 lights on the throttle . Our old 24v went 3-2-1 empty . Even our new 12.5 out performed the 36v by dong 2 rides on 1 charge as opposed to the 36v 1ride - 1 charge .

Any clues or theories would be helpfull . Not going LiPo tho !

I'm going to take the batteries to my local bike shop and get a " drop test " done on them , see if that shows anything up . Checked the wiring as best as I can and all seems fine . Charged it for 12hrs again and it lasted about 30 mins again . Same end result !! Batteries sat at 12.36v after bike has ground to a halt . The little 12.5 lasted for 2hrs on one charge going over the same terrain as the 36v, time and time again . What I did notice tonight was when the 36v charger was working the internal fan was working hard . Whereas the fan wasn't going round on the 24v charger . Looks like a call to Oset uk .

We have a 36V and a 48V bike here and both will run +/- 1hr with an experienced rider using it on the standard batteries. 2.5hrs-3hrs with lipo's on both bikes. I would definitely say there is something wrong with yours somewhere. Oset are incredibly helpful, do give them a ring.