1979 Honda Rtl 360 From Hrc In My Shed

cp191

I have had a honda trials bike in my shed for around the past 7 years with a big box of spares, it was given to me by my uncle. Who in the late 70's and early 80's worked for the HRC trials team as a mechanic. He was given the bike from the factory and said it was a special one off. When I was first given it I got it running but since then it has been covered over. After a little research I believe I have a Honda RTL 360 -

Condition wise its not been touched for probably 25 years and does not have any graphics unlike the ones in the above link but would run again with a clean out of the carb.

Wondering if anyone knows anymore about these bikes? maybe even a rough value? as it seems a shame to have it locked away and could do with some TLC. I do remember it being fun to ride when I had it going.
Edited by cp191

I have had a honda trials bike in my shed for around the past 7 years with a big box of spares, it was given to me by my uncle. Who in the late 70's and early 80's worked for the HRC trials team as a mechanic. He was given the bike from the factory and said it was a special one off. When I was first given it I got it running but since then it has been covered over. After a little research I believe I have a Honda RTL 360 -

Condition wise its not been touched for probably 25 years and does not have any graphics unlike the ones in the above link but would run again with a clean out of the carb.

Wondering if anyone knows anymore about these bikes? maybe even a rough value? as it seems a shame to have it locked away and could do with some TLC. I do remember it being fun to ride when I had it going.

Hi CP191

Has the bike been painted blue at some stage in its life ?

If so I can tell you some history to the bike.

Edited by motomike

CP191

Certainly the real deal !.

except for part of the rear silencer box,

which looks to have had a trail bike style rear end grafted on.

Looks like the frame has been plated, ask your uncle ,was the frame ever painted blue ?

bit of a story to this bike.

I would ask Honda Europe, and there the racing department

they are in the UK:

Honda Motor Europe Limited

470 London Road, Slough, Berkshire, England SL3 8QY

info@hondaproracing.com

Hopefully there are some serial numbers on the engine and the frame,

which I would send the Honda Corp. then you will know.

This is the easiest way to get the right information and not only guesses ...

I would ask Honda Europe, and there the racing department

they are in the UK:

Honda Motor Europe Limited

470 London Road, Slough, Berkshire, England SL3 8QY

info@hondaproracing.com

Hopefully there are some serial numbers on the engine and the frame,

which I would send the Honda Corp. then you will know.

This is the easiest way to get the right information and not only guesses ...

You need to understand the history of these bikes - I don't think Honda will be very helpful...