Honda Tl Gearing

suzukitc120

Hello I have a Honda TL the motor is stamped TL125 E but i believe the engine is a 220 as its stamped that at the base of the cylinder. my question is what gearing should I use, the recommended TL 125 set up which I think is 11 front 58 rear or go for the tlr 200 set .(cant remember off hand that set up) I dont want to spend £60.00 on the wrong sprockets if some one has the ideal combination I think i will use the 428 chain. I dont want to start stripping the gear box to count teeth either. I also require a silencer and like the look of the seeley type are they still available the stainless ones that used to be on Ebay, A Sammy Miller type will take too much work to fit as the frame has very little room between shock and tyre Many Thanks John.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Mike I think I will try that combination first, It was just the fact its a 220 engine so didnt know if perhaps the gearbox had been modded as well, like the rs200 or golner bikes. I havnt got it running yet to try but i think setting off at standard is always a good starting point.