Rev 3

stuessenhigh

Hi all,

Just wondered. I'm thinking of putting a new bash plate on my Rev3....current one has been WELL bashed :D;)

SO..the question is.

Are all the Rev3 bash plates the same??....It looks to me like they are..but I know the rubber has changed in recent years.

Cheers in advance for any help :D

Stu - didn't they move the motor toward the back wheel about 1/2" in the last two model years? I don't remember if it was in '04, or '05, but they DID change the engine location slightly... don't know if that has any effect on the skid plate though...

Mmmm...thanks clarkp.

will be interesting to see the replies on this one.

Of course on one hand it doesn't matter, if I just order one and state the year of my bike, but its interesting (to me)...and HOPEFULLY to others, what parts can be swapped around on the Revs.

Particularly for me since I'm lucky enough (ahem..rather ashamed to say this)...to own 2 Revs....mind you, they are both a bit old and bashed about now! :D

I THINK the 02 and 03 are the same,..(and I suspect the 01 also)..but you might have a point with the 04 and 05 ;)

Just checked the part numbers for the 2000 and 2004 Rev 3 bash plate and they are the same part number 12-32182 but the rubber did change from 16-23321 to 16-23320 in 2001 to offer more protection.

What I have noticed with 04 and 05 rev3 sumpguards is that if you dont keep an eye on bends and dents on the flywheel side it can push up and put a flat on the casing , keep it straight if you can by pressing , hammering etc. it could get expensive when the flywhhel buffs its way through! :hyper:

Mmm...thanks PA...looks like it was only the rubber that changed then?...thats good news.

On further inspection, the one on my 02 looks the same as the one on my 03, BUT the 03 one looks thinner!!!...will try to remember to measure them next time I'm with the bikes..and let you know. :hyper: