Electric Fence

keychange

Had an interesting experience that I would not recommend. When taking off for a ride I had to ride through a small 5 acre paddock that my wife has taped off with electric fence tape to keep her horse in.

Normally it isn't turned on - but you guessed it... I rode up as usual running the front wheel under the tape intending to lift it over my head and proceed. But as soon as my Cota's aluminium front guard touched the tape I started to receive a whack from the electric fence unit. These things crank out short high powered zaps - we are talking thousands of volts.

In my panic I grabbed the tape and tried to flick it over my head so I could get away but the tape snagged up between my helmet and my neck at the back of my head.... right on my spine! A few severe jolts immediately followed by very loud four letter words and then I blacked out.

Luckily as I fell over I broke free of the tape and I was only out for a few seconds and woke up with my bike on my leg luckily exhaust side up. Had something of a strange feeling in my shoulders for the rest of the day but no signof depression :)

• Like 1

Br40rt my other post is not a 3 position lever it is a small unit that uses a small lever and a joining cable It is very clever and very effective. Google easy clutch.

I bought one years ago, still in packet, 3 position lever is really good, same principle obviously, but much tidier IMO.