Clutch Or Seals?

lee99780

Hi all, I've got terrible clutch drag on my 06 300 pro, I've been told its my clutch, after watching Jim snells video on youtube I'm not so sure, he says you can get drag with the slave cylinder seals gone, what do you all think?

Does the fluid level in the master cylinder drop?if it does it's the seal in the master cylinder,pull the boot back and see if theres fluid there If not it;ll be the seal in the clutch casing.GasGas Pro clutches normally slip,not drag when worn

Does the fluid level in the master cylinder drop?if it does it's the seal in the master cylinder,pull the boot back and see if theres fluid there If not it;ll be the seal in the clutch casing.GasGas Pro clutches normally slip,not drag when worn

Even if there is no fluid weeping under the M/C boot, another thing to check at the M/C is, how far does the plunger go into the M/C bore until pressure builds up. If the M/C seal is worn (and therefore a smaller diameter than new), it may travel down the bore a little distance until there is tension on the seal outer lip as most M/C bores are very slightly tapered with normal use. A M/C rebuild kit will quickly fix this.

Of course, this assumes that the lever screw adjustment is allowing the M/C piston to return to it's stop at the circlip (so the system can "self adjust") and the lever is adjusted out far enough from the bars to get a reasonable travel of the M/C piston.

Jon