Trials Bike : How To Hop On The Rear Wheel!

lewis cosgrove

Rear brake is as important as the Clutch

I think clutch is more important on this than rear brake................but I have been wrong before.

Zippy, The rear brake is as important as the clutch, Obviously modern bikes make it easy, everytime the wheel lands the brake is on, just letting the rear brake off when flicking the clutch!! Now get on and practise mate :icon_salut:

-Jason Finn

• Like 3

Zippy, The rear brake is as important as the clutch, Obviously modern bikes make it easy, everytime the wheel lands the brake is on, just letting the rear brake off when flicking the clutch!! Now get on and practise mate :icon_salut:

-Jason Finn

Gentlemen, here (above) is the definitive answer, all we have to do is implement the instruction and by Christ I have tried; when you apply the rear brake the front wheel gets pulled down so you have to lean even further back to keep it raised, which is not a good position to be in when you pop the clutch!

Cheers Jason, do you know of anywhere I can buy some 'skill'...extra large, industrial strength?

• Like 2

-Jason Finn

Practice?????? What is this practice you speak of?

:rotfl:

I wasn't exactly sure about the rear brake.... figured I would get corrected if I was a bit off on that.

Come on boys....Ham2 (Wayne) when you land you should be slightly past "verticle balance" momentum moves the front wheel forward so you dont fall off the back and then flick the clutch again, if you land in the correct balance spot "Verticle Balance"your get faster and faster and lose the hops, It's hard to explain in text, just watch when he lands, the front wheel moves forward 6 inches "slowly" before he flick the clutch again! if the front wheel moves forward fast you have not gone past verticle balance!!

Zippy, I know what you mean about practise mate, life gets in the way when we get older, with passion and Perseverance your crack it guys, as bikes get more developed they are getting made to do this, I remember practising these back hops in 1989 on my Stripey 260 beta TR34 after moving from BMX Freestyle, and after a few weeks I cracked it, below is the bike I first done it on, Yes I know no Helmet, what an Idiot, mate asked to do a quick photo, so done it quick before putting helmet on"NEVER RIDE WITHOUT A HELMET"

IMG_3202.jpg

Edited by finny

Never mind legs aching, it's arms and hands I struggle with. I love the picture Jason, I'm restoring one of those stripey Beta's as always loved them but never had one.

Back in the day I used to do a few front hops to, I remember doing about 5 and thinking tjis was good and then saw a video of Mr Finn doing loads so went out to try and match him! I never looked quite as good but then he did show them in slow motion on the video, things always look better in slow motion!

Never mind legs aching, it's arms and hands I struggle with. I love the picture Jason, I'm restoring one of those stripey Beta's as always loved them but never had one.

Back in the day I used to do a few front hops to, I remember doing about 5 and thinking tjis was good and then saw a video of Mr Finn doing loads so went out to try and match him! I never looked quite as good but then he did show them in slow motion on the video, things always look better in slow motion!

Steve, you gave the game away, never mind the Slo-Mo, it's the Editing company editing all my crashes out in between that didnt look so good! :lol: Here is a Crash in Hong Kong while on Tour with Top Gear Live getting Chased by my Mate Ben Collins...(The Stig) Top Gear Purchased 2 Brand New 4RT Montesa's as that who I rode for then, and sprayed them green with Horns on the back, Garibaldi Made my One Piece Suit in green Lizard skin Material, there was a contraption I designed to catch the bike as I was launched over the top 20 feet into a hidden mat, Last Show I done before I retired!!

MPH0920LIFE20904-2_zps72d420aa.jpg

-Jas

Edited by finny