Rear Suspension

admacp

I am very pleased with the responses to questions on this forum - well done everyone - it`s a gret help.

My question is regarding the rear shock. The suspension feels quite stiff. I have set the spring length to 140mm and also tried it at 142mm and I have set the adjuster at the bottom of the shock to full soft as advised but it still seems pretty stiff - no chance of bottoming it out I would imagine. I have a yellow spring (is that standard?), I have cleaned & greased all of the bushes (inc. the swingarm) and they are all in perfect condition. The shock is not leaking or bent and moves without sticking. I just think that it may not be travelling the full length of travel and "packs" quickly.

The bike is a 2004 280pro. I weigh around 12 stone. Anybody else think the back shock on these bikes is quite harsh? Should I contemplate a softer spring (if there is one available)? :lol:

No i always thought the opposite. All the pro's i have eva had seem to have quite a soft rear shock.

There aren't any after market springs available so you'll just have to back the adjusters off i.e. so the adjusters end up nearer the top of the bike.

I was always told that a good test is to stand on the bike and both shocks should go down in equilibrium. So its trial and error really.