Bearing In Mind !

shyted

I wonder if any of you knowledgeable types out there happen to have the bearing numbers for the mains and gear box for a year 2000 txt 280 . If you have the seal numbers as well that would be brill .

Shyted . Ta .

Thanks Bilks , and notice you have a gasgas 200 there on your list .

Friend of mine wants into trials in the near future and i suggested a 200 would be more friendly to use .All the shops are convincing him a 250 or 300 would be ok . how's yours been ?

Mr T, not tried the 200 but found the 250 is perfect to start out on! Not too fierce, easy to handle and even my 8 yr old 250 is plenty good enough even now and still miles better than me!! The 280 or 300 are a bit more challenging for starting out on I've been told but I've not ridden them so others can better advise! If your pal fancies trying a 250 and we do cowm then happy to let them have a play. Coops

Well actually i prefer my Gas Gas 200 to my Rev 3 250 it just feels better to ride, but i am getting on a bit now 64,lol but the 200 will do anything my beta will do,i have also tried a rev 3 125 that was very very nice.Wish there was 1 for sale before i bought the 250. Only thing i can say,only just returned to trials after 18 yr lay off,and bought several bikes,Gas Gas 250,Montesa315r,Old Yamaha 250 Pinky,then the 200 which i still prefer,because my reactions not as good as they were,just that the Rev 3 has better suspention and i have fitted extra base gasket gone down on the gearbox sprocket and slow action throttle,just to slow it down to suit me,but the 200 still feels better riding position.By the way i'm 15 1/2 stone so i'm no lightweight

Edited by bilks

Well good responses . Gave my mate a go on mine (280 ) and gave him a bit of a " oh sheet " moment and two foot of clean air between him and the pegs . Ian is thirteen stone and his last bike was errm a BMW 1000 RR . He's competative too.

Yes coops he will be coming to backcowm and shipdamite also said the same as you regarding the pro 250 .

Think the 200 may suit him but they're thin on the ground . The way my 245 puts it's power down is really good , but compared to the Gas Gas it feels crap to steer around things but it is 24 years old .

So coops i'm away Sunday for two weeks and will mail you to let you know when i'm back at home ,and if your fit if you would like to we'll go to Cowm . You will need 2 passport photos , and to fill in the paperwork to join . You pay an annual joining fee and a tenner for the day . Take thirty quid ,as the price might have gone up and that will cover it easy ,or check to see the price on their web site . Providing it's not raining, it will be a good day out .

Shy T

Edited by shyted