No Oliveras In Usa?

I was wondering about this as well so i contacted someone i know down at the factory . The reason why Dani Oliveras didn't go to USA was because the import license didn't arrive at time and they were not able to get the bikes into the country.I know that other manufacturers had problems as well and it was only by last minute efforts that many of the riders got their bikes in time for the trial. This was the only reason. An administrative nightmare , like Eddy Lejeune's flight to Spain from Belgium being cancelled resulting in him losing the Spanish Championship one year.

JR made the trip but oliveras didnt and its just a license?

Surely if you had already paid for minders and riders flights but the licence didnt come through they would still go with special bits in hand luggage?

If they came out and said they dont regard the US as a big market or Dani is not going to this round as he will struggle to get more than 7th so its not worth the expense recession etc you'd say fair play.

Smoke and mirrors.

• Like 1

Apparently the press release now says " Dani oliveras was unable to travel" somewhat a different excuse to the "bike paperwork" as Gas Gas 249 was told? Perhaps your friend at the factory isnt being that honest?

Edited by nigel dabster

• 2 weeks later...

His bike type is missing from the Andorra results on both days:

post-20-0-32224100-1371483224_thumb.jpg

but even more unusual is there is no mention of him at all in the Ossa Andorra Press Release

I wasn't in Andorra because of this ongoing problem with my f****** knee and it's unlikely I'll make Spain this weekend or I'd do some digging. Something very strange going on...

The factories have to pay not insignificant sums to have the bike type displayed in the results. Given the financial climate id guess this is the reason why on the why its not displayed

The 2nd observation is even stranger. I wonder if it ties in with Dani missing the USA round ?. If what im thinking is correct then that would explain the bike name not being displayed ;)

"The manufacturers have to pay a fee to the FIM to be listed. If they choose not to pay then the box for the bike is empty!"

Can't roll backwards, can't hop the whole bike sideways, can't hop the front end sideways (if stopped for a split second), can't hop the back end sideways, can't restart my engine if I come to a stop, can't hop on my back wheel in place for even a second, and now a FEE has to be paid for just listing my manufacturer's name in the RESULTS....I think my Nazi analogy is being proven more and more correct, right guys?

Yes, he rode Ossa

I was told that by Vesty 2 days ago. He said "The manufacturers have to pay a fee to the FIM to be listed. If they choose not to pay then the box for the bike is empty!"

Looking at the full pdf of the FIM results, they wouldn't even tell us the BIKE, AND ALSO TEAM of said riders, for multiple riders, unless riders bow to their extortion. Because of the FIM's obsessive zeal for profits, it's pretty obvious their next logical step (which is only a matter of time), will be to ALSO require a fee for *OTHER* vital information about a rider to be listed in the results. Here are the published results of a typical 2015 FIM world round, I predict:

.....RIDER..................BIKE......................TEAM

1. Tony Bou...........Montesa........Repsol Montesa Honda

2. ----------.............------------................----------

3. ----------.............------------................----------

4. T. Fujinami........Montesa........Repsol Montesa Honda

5. ----------.............------------................----------

6. ----------.............------------................----------

7. ----------.............------------................----------

8. ----------.............------------................----------

9. ----------.............------------................----------

10. --------.............------------................----------

11. --------.............------------................----------

12. --------.............------------................----------

13. --------.............------------................----------

14. --------.............------------................----------

15. --------.............------------................----------

I think there's some information missing here, but I just can't quite put my finger on it. (Don't think this can't happen.)

However, looking on the bright side, this WILL make Andy's job a bit easier though.

Edited by funtrials

BTW, I admit I don't really know what the letters "F", "I", and "M" stand for. My GUESS is "Funneling In Money".

It COULD be "Fattening Incomes of Manufacturers", but no, that would just be too obvious.

My third guess is "Fédération Internationale de Moolah", which of course would explain a whole lot.

Can anybody tell us what it stands for, on the off chance that I have not already guessed it?

EDIT: Ok, ok, now that I've thought about it some more, I'm really leaning towards "Fédération Internationale de Manufacturers".

Edited by funtrials

Have Ossa ran out of money for these trips? Or what?

If I had to guess, I'd say this guesstimate of their 2013 World Round budget pretty much sums it up:

2013 Ossa Factory FIM World Round Budget:

Salaries: rider/mechanics/minders/crew: $194,300

Team truck rental, fuel, bike operations, supplies, etc.: $77,500

Food, lodging, etc: $45,321

Flights/travel to events: $20,400

Extortion money to FIM: $0

Edited by funtrials