Old Hand , Old Bike

pro sport

Hi all

Used to ride in the Eastern Centre and South Midland Centres in the early 70's

Belonged to Chelmsford & dist. North East London & Barnet & dist MCC's

Started out with a 1966 Greeves Anglian, then saw what Don DR Smith could do with his Works Montesa Cota 247 so had to have one of them, along came a MK2 which was followed by a Mk 3 a couple of years later. I never improved above Novice but still had fun riding against the likes of Don Smith, John Banks (when he wasn't moto-xing) Simon Wigg and i remember doing the Isle of Wight 2 day trial with Sammy Miller.

House purchase curtailed my hobbie but when i saw this advertised locally i'm afraid ive been tempted back into the fold, a Mk4b unregisterd.

Can anyone with a few mins to spare bring me back up to speed as regards whats involved in Twinshock trials riding and comp nowdays

Regards

Dave Cox

Essex and now Suffolk UK.

post-18607-0-79649900-1372430099_thumb.jpg

Get yourself a trip up North to Pately Bridge for the Sammy Miller Round on 14th July even if you entered and just rode round you'd meet some decent like minded people.....Check the ACU website for more details - Good one lap trials and not too hard !!

post-1071-0-13771200-1372430758_thumb.jpg

Edited by wobbler