Fantic 305 Ignition Re Wind?

imexian

Hi, I'm having a right game with my reed valve motor, replaced cdi, source coil and pick up, still rides then stops after a while. No spark.

Think stator?? How much to get done at West Country Winding?

Looked at a total new system from Electrex, in Oxford, not cheap though!

The CDI, source coil and pick up are the only things you need for ignition - the rest of the stator is power for lights etc. If it is losing the spark when it is hot I would check for dodgy insulation somewhere first; most likely between the stator coils & backplate.

Losing spark when the motor is warm is normally caused by the insulation breaking down in the windings.

You mentioned the electrexworld system, could be worth seeing if they can supply a replacement stator coil like they can for lots of other bikes, the pair of ignition winding for my YZ465 are worth 55pound or 30 each which is cheap for new parts

Hi guys,

It's a ZEM stator plate, I have a Steve Goode replacement cdi, and fitted a nos, pick up and source coil, from Steve kenny, aka, PEMS of Rochdale.

Given up now and sent stator off to West Country Windings!

Ian

Hi guys,

It's a ZEM stator plate, I have a Steve Goode replacement cdi, and fitted a nos, pick up and source coil, from Steve kenny, aka, PEMS of Rochdale.

Given up now and sent stator off to West Country Windings!

Ian

Hopefully you will have it back in time for our next trial at Burycliffe on Sunday 25th August as I felt for you big time at Bracken as you were riding well. Just ordered some more plugs :thumbup: LOL

Hi Paul, yes was riding ok there, only on single figures when disaster struck!! Like riding Fantic, as you know, but it ain't half been trying!! Since I put that reed valve engine in, it been a hassle, mrs says I should have left alone with the 301 engine in, don't like to agree but prob right! When it goes well its bloody brill though!

See you at burycliffe, hopefully with a good bike, no plugs maybe....need some other cycle parts, c&s etc but just got to get it going right first!

Ian

• Like 1

• 1 month later...