Bsa C15 Competition

bigian

Afternoon,

I have the opportunity to buy a 1963 BSA C15 frame no C15C *** engine no C15S *** which I think is a 1960.

Does this frame make for a good LDT frame, It looks as though the rear seat hoop has been made wider by about 1-2inches in comparison to my standard C15 frame? is this a easy fix?

I know that the engine if in standard form is a high compression engine, Probably not right for trailing! am I right in saying the gearing would be closer to the trials gearing?

lastly any ideas on what I should be offering, it has a Sammy miller PVL system and is a runner although very snappy power delivery. Alloy petrol tank. 19inch wheels?

I am at a point weather to convert my standard bike instead or go for this option!

Any further info or assistance would be greatly received.

Many thanks

Ian.

Does not sound a good buy. Standard bike was too low for todays LDT. You need 18'' and 21'' wheels to get tyres worth using and waste of time using early type engine. Go for late, points on the side engine which have different main bearings. Not sure about the frame, once cut, not easy to put back and what else has been changed.

Best bet is to buy a B40 trials bike with WR gearbox. Will be cheaper in the end and fit for your use. Great fun on a correct bike a pain in the ... with the wrong one.

• Like 1