Interchangeable Parts For The Jtx250

unicronicus

Hi, first time trials bike owner and rider, just after some info really on my new purchase, a 97 gas gas jtx250. The bike is fantastic to ride but I am still getting used to it as there is a lot to learn! One thing I did notice about the jtx is the tiny rear brake pedal! Are there bigger brake pedals for this bike off other models by any chance? I just don't like how hidden away it is, even though I understand that it has to be tucked away some what.

Any help is much appreciated!

Dan

Hi, Are you sure it's not bent, as they are not usually a problem. I have a 95 jtr and I think they are the same, The bush inside the lever can wear and makes the lever a bit floppy. Maybe that just needs replacing.

TLTEL

Sorry to keep replying to my own thread! But the kind of lever I would prefer is like the one fitted to the txt models. Looking at other gas gas's around my year, all of them seem to have these tucked away rear brake pedals. I'm too used to my dirt bike type pedals I think...

I might just try that then and re-position my foot on the pegs slightly. It's not as though I can't reach it at all, it's just not in the usual place where I expect a brake pedal to be. I guess they made it like this to prevent you from touching it accidentally when hopping up things?

Yes, the pedal is designed to be close to the engine to prevent it from hitting things. It is not so much of a problem when jumping over things, but more when getting very close to something or having the pedal hit when the bike falls. A replacement pedal is about US $50 so you don't want it breaking too often.

• 2 weeks later...