Keihin Pwk 28 Carb

opdeweegh1

Hi there.

Anyone got any experiences to share in installing a keihin PWK 28 carb to an 03 300 pro.

Looking for do's and dont's etc, best jetting options, good or bad experiences before I commit to spending the cash.

Cheers.

Paul. :D

Fitted heaps to Sherco`s, run 112 main 42 pilot JJH needle and 19 mm float height. Need a carb to airbox adaptor, multi diameter car radiator hoses fit neat. Highly recommend you spend the dollars,best value improvement I`ve ever put on a bike. Check out all the factory bikes, know what they`re running !!!!

yes i agree with you on that one howard m8t,ive got grimbo's 04 works 290,you would'nt believe how much power thats got..totaly unreal...im 20 stone,and it took me 3 months to lean to ride it.crazy ah?my son alan has an 04 125 academy,and an 05 sherco aswell.ive put a pwk 28 plus a 290,04 front pipe on then both.really awsome compared to a standard bikes.YESTERDAY,i put the academy back to standard,someone wants to buy it,alan had a quick go on it,his words were,this is rubbish now,dad....SO THERE'S YOUR ANSWER TO PWK 28 CARBS.....glad to of helped m8t..........BIG BEN..... :D

Buy one off GasgasUK because it come correctly jetted from the factory with a 122 main 45 Pilot & jjh needle. Recommend though that you upgrade to a 48 pilot as it is too weak at the bottom end with standard 45!!

You are lucky owning an '03 that your Inlet is larger than the '04 and the keihin fits properly unlike with the 04/05 where it is too small and rips.

You need a different throttle cable for the carb

Also you need a reed space to bring the whole reed block and inlet closer to the carb as the Keihin is smaller.

To do the conversion properly will probably cost you approaching

Yeah they sell them at gasgasuk. cant remember exactly how much they were though - The right side of a tenner :D also ith this spacer you need a couple of gaskets otherwise you will get air leeks. Speak to Andy Hipwell at gas gas, he is extremly helpful and will tell you everything you need to know. good luck! :D

The spacer is available direct from GasGas, or you can make one yourself from a small bit of plate (although not worth the trouble as they are cheap to buy), or you can make/buy a spigot adaptor like this...

keihincarb.jpg