Flywheel Weight Or Compression Reducer

nh014

Trying to make a 2010 TXT Pro 300 just a little more novice friendly. Can anyone comment on the merits of the addition of a flywheel weight versus a compression reducer. Would you consider adding both, or is that an overkill.

I have both of them (A Hebo flywheel weight, and the S3 low compression head insert) on my 2010 280 Pro. I like both of them a lot!

I've got a broken right wrist (Nervicular Scaphoid bone) that never healed, and due to that, I have very limited flexibility of my right hand. A slow throttle won't really work for me, and after the fww & comp. lowering, don't feel it's needed. But the slow throttle is cheap & easy to do; I'd try it, were it not for my wrist deal......

Jimmie

Thanks for all comments, greatly appreciated. Low speed throttle and 10T sprocket are currently installed. Sounds like a toss-up between the flywheel and the lower compression. I'll probably try the flywheel fix first as the bike is also used in no-stop vintage events. Yes, we allow modern bikes in our vintage events.

Thanks for all comments, greatly appreciated. Low speed throttle and 10T sprocket are currently installed. Sounds like a toss-up between the flywheel and the lower compression. I'll probably try the flywheel fix first as the bike is also used in no-stop vintage events. Yes, we allow modern bikes in our vintage events.

I think you'll like the flywheel weight, especially in no-stop conditions. By "storing" energy in the flywheel and using it, rather than more throttle, in iffy traction situations, you'll lose a lot fewer points as the power to the rear wheel is much more smooth.

Jon