80Cc Or 125Cc ?

malcolm

hello,

my son just started trials riding at the start of this year and has been using a beta 80. Most of this time he has been riding C class at local club trials. He is 14 years old and weighs approx. 7-8 stone. He is keen to get a 125cc bike but I wondered if this is to much to soon. If he did ride a 125cc would he still be allowed to ride C class. Any thoughts or opinions welcome.

thanks

hi malcom.

Yes he would still be aloud to ride c class on a 125cc bike. And the answer to your other quiestion is NO he's not too young to be riding 125 at all, it all depends on him ability to ride one at his age /weight ect ..... good luck to the lad thats what i say and i'll be watching out for him next year at the club trials.

• 2 weeks later...

My daughter whos 13 has just started on a Bw Beta rev 80. She gets on ok with it but it can be a bitch for her to kick sometimes.

I have just bought myself a Gas Gas 125 txt pro to start on and she had a go on it but said she still prefered her "Bertie!!"

However the gasser is much easier to start and is more refined I believe, quieter, smoother and generally feels like a better quality bike in my opinion.

I'm not biased either way as I have never had a trials bike before, but I have had people say things like "that Beta is a nice tidy bike but I'd still have a gasgas anyday".

Having riden them both I tend to agree.

As for 80 or 125 I think there is very little difference as the 125 wont tear your arms off.