Rev3 250

stuessenhigh

:ph34r: Just had the Silent Block break on my Beta. Yep...thats what its called...but to a simple guy like me..its a rubber mounting from the mid exhaust to the rear sub-frame.

Anyway....the reason I'm telling you Rev 3 people this...is because the replacement part doesn't cost too much...and I will ALWAYS carry a spare now...because its a right pain to try and make a bodge repair....(actually I cannot come up with one that doesn't leave my exhaust rattling around).

AND...apparently its fairly common for them to break.

Not that it will help on the earlier bikes but on the 2004 they added an extra midpipe mount to take some of the stress off the other. Looks like a good solution to the problem.

Of the 5 Revs I have owned I have only replaced one midpipe mount. I dont know if it helpes but I make a habbit of not picking the bike up by the exhaust pipe like so many people do.

Aaron

Does your rear mudguard line up with the back wheel?

If not, the rear subframe is probably twisted and putting undue stress on the rubber bush.

I bought my bike when it was 6 months old, rode/crashed it for 12 months without any problems. One crash twisted the rear subframe slightly and I had to replace the rubber bush every ride after that.

Hope that helps.

:ph34r: Thanks guys...thats some usefull tips. I have noticed my mudguard doesn't line up correctly!!...and I stopped picking it up by the exhaust ages ago....Just one more thing....what would be REALLY usefull now...while I wait for my new silent block to arrive...does anyone have any usefull temporary repair ideas??...I've tried just wiring it up...but it also needs something to fill the gap?

Thanks in advance....from the VERY amateur DIY mechanic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

put the little spring clip on the lug ,get a small bit of rubber,if u can get the rubber off the silent block even better, drill a hole through the middle and put a bolt through the lot. I snapped a sub frame bracket on my 02 250 ,replaced it ,but was going through loads of silent blocks.This cured it,better still get an 04 :ph34r:

uuuumm...Thanks Greg....I was hoping Santa would bring me an 04 model.

Obviously my wife didn't get all the hints..(more likely, the bank wouldn't give her that much money)...anyway...thanks for the repair tip....will be trying it tommorow morning..

Just found an amazing shop here in Hong Kong that sells all sorts of rubber blocks etc. NO silent blocks unfortunately...but some similar things...so I reckon I can do a fairly good bodge now..to keep me going till the REAL one arrives. :ph34r:

Never mind...got a couple of new ones on order anyway...BUT the thing I found here in HK the other day..worked pretty well...so I'll probably keep a couple of those for spare too.

BUT...its not an EXACT fit like the original one....so I'm glad I've still got some of those coming