Rubber Washers

toetoe

my exhaust is blowing a little bit but only when it is cold so i decided to replace the rubber washers, i had a look at the splat shop and although they are only about £1.50 to buy and i need two, the post is £3.80 which is more than the two washers together, is their any where else i can get them from, other than that i will have to wait until i need something else from the splat shop and buy them then.

If it is only blowing a little bit, you can probably just spread some high temperature silicone seal on them and reassemble. I would do that even with a new set of O-rings.

If the O-rings are black, (not burnt, just black material) you can buy them at a good hardware store. If they are red, they are Viton which is a high temperature material and the Splatshop price looks good.

I replaced two on the middle box of my Monty 12 months ago from my local engineering shop like websters

Just took the old seals in to match them up, I did mention the heat factor to them, no probs so far,

it is the middle box to the silencer and they are black, i have bought most of my stuff from the splat shop, they even forgot to put a air filter in with one order and just one email and it was with me the very next day, it's just a shame that we have to pay a standard price for the post, i will have a look around town tomorrow, thanks for the help.

1999 sherco 250

Hi, I need a bit more of help with my exhaust,I had a look at the o rings on the middle box and they where in little bits, so I cheeked the others and they where just as bad, the thing I don’t understand is, on my exhaust it has two o rings on each part but one looks like it is made of rubber,(red) and the other one that is further back looks like it is made of plastic, when I look at the sherco spares on the splat shop site,it gives me the part but says I need two of the same one, is this what I should use now, two of the same rubber o rings for the middle box and two of the other size rubber o rings for the silencer or do they do the plastic ones, I hope I’m making sense.

regards

Tony

thats what the splat shop have said as they have never done a plastic o ring, i have ordered the o rings from the splat shop and it looks like one set is red, they are the most expensive one and the other s are black, also i have got some high temperature silicone on it's way so it should be a proper job when i have finished, thanks for the help.