Hi! I'm From Zillah Washington State, Usa

blackdog

I think you are in the wrong region Dabster. But there are some good lads up un that area. Hopefully some may kick in, yet if not we should be able to assist if he gets on the Beta forum.

Obviously confusing, but W state is west coast and W DC is far east.

Welcome Blackdog!

Edited by copemech

There are 3 trials clubs that you might look into. None in Zillah, but these are the closest. Get on their websites and check the schedules and forums.

Puget Sound Trialers in Seattle (PST)

Columbia Observed Trials Assoc in Portland (COTA)

Inland Northwest Trials Assoc in Spokane. (INTA)

There are 3 trials clubs that you might look into. None in Zillah, but these are the closest. Get on their websites and check the schedules and forums.

Puget Sound Trialers in Seattle (PST)

Columbia Observed Trials Assoc in Portland (COTA)

Inland Northwest Trials Assoc in Spokane. (INTA)

Im aware of COTA. I'm going to Round 2 in Dallesport Sunday. I made it to Round 1 also. I have not competed as I just got the Beta into respectable shape. I actually rode it 5 miles 3 days ago. I need more seat time and I'd love to get some one on one instructions. I happen to have a place in The Dalles and it's only 4 miles to the event.

Im aware of COTA. I'm going to Round 2 in Dallesport Sunday. I made it to Round 1 also. I have not competed as I just got the Beta into respectable shape. I actually rode it 5 miles 3 days ago. I need more seat time and I'd love to get some one on one instructions. I happen to have a place in The Dalles and it's only 4 miles to the event.

Many clubs have someone available to help novice riders around an event. Just ask, and participate is usually best!

I can be a great example of "What Not To Do" on Sunday at Dallesport, Blackdog! Just watch me, & do the opposite, hee hee! :hyper:

About the only advice I can give you right now is to strive for "riding time", or "peg time", hee hee. Not "seat time"; I get a bit of "seat time" sometimes in sections, and my scores reflect that..... :chairfall: Seriously, get all the riding in that you can, but even without it, you'll have fun.

Hopefully, we can bump into each other at the trial. My bike has a white number plate on it with a "swirling atom" sticker on it like my avatar by my name. My bike is unfortunately beat up looking, and it's a 2010 Gas Gas 280, red & black in color. Truck is an older Powerstroke diesel crew cab long bed, with a weird metallic tan/pink color. Fortunately, I'm very secure in my manhood.....

I bought my bike from a very good Expert rider that lives in Zillah. I really like that part of the hemisphere.....

Jimmie

Bill, you and/or Barry gonna be there?

Edited by mr neutron
  • Like 1

I can be a great example of "What Not To Do" on Sunday at Dallesport, Blackdog! Just watch me, & do the opposite, hee hee! :hyper:

About the only advice I can give you right now is to strive for "riding time", or "peg time", hee hee. Not "seat time"; I get a bit of "seat time" sometimes in sections, and my scores reflect that..... :chairfall: Seriously, get all the riding in that you can, but even without it, you'll have fun.

Hopefully, we can bump into each other at the trial. My bike has a white number plate on it with a "swirling atom" sticker on it like my avatar by my name. My bike is unfortunately beat up looking, and it's a 2010 Gas Gas 280, red & black in color. Truck is an older Powerstroke diesel crew cab long bed, with a weird metallic tan/pink color. Fortunately, I'm very secure in my manhood.....

I bought my bike from a very good Expert rider that lives in Zillah. I really like that part of the hemisphere.....

Jimmie

Bill, you and/or Barry gonna be there?

I'll see you there, I'll probably be on a WR250R.

• Like 1

I'll see you there, I'll probably be on a WR250R.

Aren't you gonna ride the trial???? This will be a good one for starting out, provided the cows haven't eaten the course markers, ha ha....... Even then, the sections will get "re-marked" if that happens.....

Jimmie

Aren't you gonna ride the trial???? This will be a good one for starting out, provided the cows haven't eaten the course markers, ha ha....... Even then, the sections will get "re-marked" if that happens.....

Jimmie

When I was younger we would practice/hold events on a dairy farm. One of the usual ways to pass the time while riding the trail was to "cowpie" the guy behind you.............of course the fresh ones worked best.

• Like 1

Hi Jimmie,

I really enjoy riding at Dallesport. I had heard that there would not be any events there this year. Bad info I guess. I'll have to be more aware of what's happening in your club.

We have been riding locally almost every weekend. Where we ride it is mostly trees, stumps and slick roots. I really want to get down your way to ride some good rocks.

Keep your feet up!

Bill

Blackdog, it was nice to have gotten to meet you today, even if it was only briefly. We needed to sorta hurry along, and on our last loop, some of the course cleaners had already taken down some ribbons and markers before we finnished. I hope you liked what you saw today enough to bring the Beta a long next time! Next time will be at Washougal, on 3/9, I believe.....

We've had two trials there already this year, Bill! And (emphatically) Yes! It was dry, the wind held off today, and was actually sorta warm (after a couple of sections :blink: ) in the afternoon. :banana:

I love being able to drive an hour & a half, and hit that dry type of climate & terrain. :thumbup: But it sure lets me know how badly I need to practice on rocks..... :wall:

Jimmie

Blackdog, it was nice to have gotten to meet you today, even if it was only briefly. We needed to sorta hurry along, and on our last loop, some of the course cleaners had already taken down some ribbons and markers before we finnished. I hope you liked what you saw today enough to bring the Beta a long next time! Next time will be at Washougal, on 3/9, I believe.....

We've had two trials there already this year, Bill! And (emphatically) Yes! It was dry, the wind held off today, and was actually sorta warm (after a couple of sections :blink: ) in the afternoon. :banana:

I love being able to drive an hour & a half, and hit that dry type of climate & terrain. :thumbup: But it sure lets me know how badly I need to practice on rocks..... :wall:

Jimmie

It was nice meeting you too. I also met a fellow BMW GS rider, Gary. Gary was the one standing next to me, I think you let him ride your bike. I hadn't seen Gary in a year or so, he was surprised I had the Beta and I was just as surprised that he was buying 2 used trials bikes later in the day. I think you letting him ride your bike pushed him over the edge.

Jimmie

It was nice meeting you too. I also met a fellow BMW GS rider, Gary. Gary was the one standing next to me, I think you let him ride your bike. I hadn't seen Gary in a year or so, he was surprised I had the Beta and I was just as surprised that he was buying 2 used trials bikes later in the day. I think you letting him ride your bike pushed him over the edge.

When I was younger we would practice/hold events on a dairy farm. One of the usual ways to pass the time while riding the trail was to "cowpie" the guy behind you.............of course the fresh ones worked best.

Ahhh, that brings back some of my fondest childhood memories...... Fresh cowpies, and people to throw them at........ :rotfl:

Yeah, Blackdog, I did let Gary ride my bike when I was signing up. I was hoping he'd get more riding on it later, but it just didn't work out..... It would be nice to see both of y'all up at Washougal in a couple of weeks. But that will probably be a wet & slick one! Practice your turns, and bring some traction!

Jimmie

Edited by mr neutron