'10 Front Rotor Issue

ymirtrials

I've just gotten a new to me 2010 4rt and I just been noticing the front rotor has more play on the bushings that what I think is normal. With the bike on a stand with the caliper off, if I spin the wheel slowly the rotor actually makes noise as it shifts position on the bushings as it is rotating. I'm even starting to notice some noise as I'm riding. This is only my second 'modern' trials bike to I don't have a huge wealth of experience but this seems like the bushings must be worn out? Anyone seen this before? When I have a minute I'll take the rotor off to see if that sheds any light on the issue but figured I'd see if this was a normal wear issue. Thanks

Hi there.

I've had a fair few 4rts and my current 09 model has the same noise as yours. Check that the rotor is running true and the pistons in the caliper are returning correctly, if not these can cause the disc to oscillate. If the noise bothers you that much you can either buy some new bushes as they are inexpensive to buy or an old Indian trick is to remove the bolts and bushes and carefully apply a little silicone to the outside of each bush. This will take up a little of the play and still allow the disc to move ( float ) on the bushes and stop / reduce the noise that you mentioned earlier.

I'm sure some will read this and jump up and down saying you should replace the bushes but the choice is yours. Silicone on the bushes has been around for years as a cheap fix.