'13 Evo 300 Clutch

heffergm

New bike, still trying to figure out if this is 'normal'. Clutch drags a lot. With the lever adjusted most of the way out, it's easy enough to control once it's in gear, but shifting is pretty rough especially at a standstill because of all the clutch drag. It's definitely better once warmed up, but not great. As I'm new to trials bikes in general, and Beta, I'm wondering if this is normal.

I've changed the trans oil (used motorcycle specific 10w40 as requested in the manual) and bled the clutch, neither of which had any impact on things.

The last bike I had that had clutch drag this bad I put heavier clutch springs in, which made a noticeable improvement. I'm not thrilled with the lever effort on the beta now, so going with heavier springs doesn't sound great.

http://www.trialscentral.com/forums/topic/45733-which-gearbox-oil/ I always used atf and changed often. Lever effort on a hydraulic clutch? My advice as I presume you are new to trials is gear the bike slower (Less clutch needed) , so you can work your finger up to the task. Otherwise use more fingers. Also you can custom bend a lever so you can just use the end to get more leverage.

So I pulled the clutch apart just to have a peek, and everything is as I'd expect.

Does anyone know what order the washers (there are three of them, one with roller bearings, one the same size in the middle, and one slightly smaller one) go? They got stuck when I pulled the pressure plate off and fell into the basket. I think the roller bearing washer goes first, closest to the motor, but wanted to double check. I flipped the top hats around, more because I was in there than anything else...