Clutch Disc Order

rlk_76

Another dumb question here. I tried to search these forums but couldn't find an answer. My manual didn't help either. I bought some steel clutch discs and I'm wondering what order these go in. The previous discs were the traditional type with friction material.

The steel ones I bought came with six steel discs and one plate with the notches in the middle. My previous set had three such plates with notches and five discs with friction material.

So, what order do these go in? Does there need to be a steel plate between each of the clutch discs? I'm lost.

For an m49 Sherpa T

Thanks

post-11698-0-93715500-1400286688_thumb.jpg

post-11698-0-37647300-1400286746_thumb.jpg

The ones on the right (all steel) aren't a full set. It should be an equal number of the two types of plate that you have there. Also those plates look pritty worn out especially the third and fourth ones down .

If you can afford it I would thoroughly recommend the modern style clutch plates from Bultaco UK. http://www.inmotiontrials.com/product/new-style-clutch-plate-kit-all-models/

It totally transforms the feel of the clutch. Brilliant!!!

Edited by p@ul250
  • Like 2

Yes the clutch consists of all steel plates - 12 in total. The first one that goes into the clutch has the tabs on the outside followed by a plate with notches on the inside, carry on in that order. But it doesn't look like you have enough.

I have a parts book for a model 80 - i think it might be similar to your engine.

http://www.ralphsbultaco.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/12-download-parts-list.html