Txt Boy 50Cc 2000

sputnik

hi so i got my son the txt boy,after a quick run on it realised that it lacked power so i came on here and there are a few posts with suggestions (60 tooth sprocket,air filter mod and thicker clutch plate) one other thing i noticed after looking at vids of other txt 50 i noticed this one smokes quite a bit (white smoke) does this indicate wrong oil mix,the guy i bought it from used 50:1 but ive seen some people on here running 70:1,any suggestions on the white smoke and what mix to use. many thanks

thanks for the replies guys,i did see the 70cc upgrade kit mentioned on here il have a look at that in the next few months,whats the best way to to check if ts using water.

on the gear box oil bit i had a look and the gearbox oil window the level seems low to me i would say it is less than half of the circular viewing window is this too low. thanks again guys

• 2 weeks later...

Half way up the window when the bike is upright and on level ground is correct. As for water use, remove the radiator cap when the engine is COLD and check the level. you should be able to see the coolant in the radiator head/ bottom of the filler neck. But it shouldn't be filled right to the top. Leave an air gap.

• 3 weeks later...

thanks paul yeah all levels are correct,on another note im wondering should the bike have a cooling fan,we were out the other day with someone with the same bike but its an 06 his has a cooling fan,now our bike does get hot but i thought this was normal but my friend recons its too hot,should it have a fan or was the fan added to later models.thanks