Lost Property

the dabster

Morning campers,

Was fortunate enough to be roaming the hills near Callart falls just before sunset last night and found what - for obvious reasons - I will describe as a good quality expensive item related to trials or a trials rider. So if you rode, marshalled or spectated the 2014 SSDT and lost something the day the bikes went to callart falls and can describe to me in detail what you lost I will gladly (reluctantly) arrange to have it returned to you.

If not I promise to make good use of it with a clear conscience.

• Like 2

Dabster, I rode this year and lost my purple and black Acerbis bum bag with all my tools for the week in it! It literally had everything in there, pump, multi tools, inner tube, zip ties, split link, spanners, screw drivers you name it! Even my drinks bottle!

I presumed it'd been knocked in the stream by accident but I gave up looking after 20 mins as I was late on time. Please tell me this is it!? :)

Dabster, I rode this year and lost my purple and black Acerbis bum bag with all my tools for the week in it! It literally had everything in there, pump, multi tools, inner tube, zip ties, split link, spanners, screw drivers you name it! Even my drinks bottle!

I presumed it'd been knocked in the stream by accident but I gave up looking after 20 mins as I was late on time. Please tell me this is it!? :)

It was lying in a pool at the bottom of a big step. I can only imagine it was carried when the burn was in spate. My wife washed the bag as it had been submerged since may and I have steeped the tools into a petrol mix and the ratchet spanners in light gear oil, there was no inner tube or drinks bottle that I could see but monty jons' rolex was inside!!

I bought a car for my wife last year and found some snap on equipment under the seat which I took round some of the local garages on the chance someone would claim it and I don't need to tell you what happened next!

Are you going to the world round at penrith because postage would be expensive based on the weight.

• Like 2

Dabster you're an absolute star! I'm not going to Penrith but would it be possible for you to pass it on to Steve Saunders and I'll collect it from him? If you email me your address and your favourite tipple I'll arrange a bottle of something for you :)

Once again thanks a lot for your honesty.

My email: davey underscore gilbert at yahoo dot co dot uk

• Like 1

Dabster you're an absolute star! I'm not going to Penrith but would it be possible for you to pass it on to Steve Saunders and I'll collect it from him? If you email me your address and your favourite tipple I'll arrange a bottle of something for you :)

That's fine I will be there from Friday night so I'll catch up with him at some point throughout the weekend, been interested in a Jotagas for some time now and have heard some worrying tales so maybe get some info from the horses mouth as it were! Don't worry about the bottle I'm happy to do it for you.

That's very kind Dabster thanks again. Steve will have the '15 bikes at Penrith so you'll be able to have a good look at them. Mine and Birdie's 300 and 280 JTG didn't miss a beat all week in the Hiighlands......which is a lot more than can be said for a few other bikes! ;)

Well done Dabster, this is a good story. As Gizza5 will confirm I returned a spare wheel a lad had left in the car park one year. Its great that trials folk return stuff. Sad reflection on society when people are pleasantly surprised when they get stuff back.

• Like 1