Knee Braces

asc

• 2 months later...

After an ACL repair i've used CTi for a few years, for trials, MX, snowboarding, DH mountainbiking etc.. To be honest i feel vulnerable without it, i do have to exercise regularly (but i do forget, and then wonder why i'm wobbling!)

The CTi certainly do a brilliant job of stabilising, but i have since changed to Troy Lee brace, it is the same in design and fitment of the CTi, but is SO much narrower in profile, i have to say it's light years easier to wear and use. The CTi is so wide it is always rubbing on side of frame, or rad scoops on MX bike, it is generally just big and bulky. The Troy Lee is every bit as good as a brace, but SO much easier to wear, i think the model is called Catalyst X. I use mine without the additional kneecap cup, and can't recommend it highly enough. I've used it a few times a week for over 18 months, and it's still in perfect condition.

http://shop.dekalkit.se/skydd/knaskydd/troy-lee-designs-catalyst-x.html

• 2 weeks later...

20+ years with braces. I've had custom cast GEN2 (I think CTi bought them out), CTi, and Asterisk. I use my CTi snowboarding but wear the Asterisk dirt biking, mtb'ing and trials riding. What the Asterisk seem to have nailed over everyone else (at least a couple years ago this was true) is the attachment system. Trouble with CTi and everyone else's is that the straps tear the crap out of your leg. Yes, the brace socks help with this. The Asterisk corset method of backing is brilliant. Great support and doesn't tear you up at all.

The other thing I've liked about the Asterisk is they're made for moto, so the knee cap protection is spot on - part of the brace, not just a screw on cap or attachment.

The CTi and proper orthopaedic braces have the best ligament support though.