Tlr200 Compression Release Routing

mcman56

I'm in the process of installing bicycle components to operate the valve lifter on a Reflex with steel tank. Due to the tank, there is little clearance where the cable mounts to the cylinder head. Should I use the original 90 degree metal cable bend to go towards the back and then loop the cable forward? Should I use a straight cable end and try to go up and then forward with the cable? What have others done?

Sorry to sound a little vague but I have used a straight length of cable which essentially makes a 180 degree bend under the tank towards the front of the bike.

I have used the original outer cable mount on the rocker cover/cylinder head cover (but on one of my bikes I had to make up a mount).

The cable has been routed towards the back of the tank and then turned towards the front of the tank on the opposite side of the engine. I have also fitted a small coil spring between the decompressor lever on the head and the cable adjuster/cable mount, this may not be necessary but ensures the valve closes properly given the poor cable routing & resultant risk of there being a tight cable.

Its not the most elegant/efficiant solution but it works. I have used this setup for around 5 years on one bike and 1 year on another bike with no problems.

Let me know itf you want a photo!

Gordon