Coolant Goo

wonder boy

That sounds just like the problem I had, greenish goo and clear/orange coolant, I flushed out the whole system, dunno what is causing it, I have just replaced the pump shaft and seal aswell and that didn't stop it, I mixed some stronger coolant but don't know if it has had any effect.

:D

bob

Just discovered the same thing on mine too!!!!!!!

flushed it out, replaces new coolant....and will let you know after the next ride, if it has come back again!

I'm guessing it will and mayber there is a seal or something that needs replacing...although, you said bob, that you think the seal and pump shaft didnt fix it?? :lol:

SO...come-on everyone...what is it?? :D

well I reckon it is just a mystery, Even Fix It didn't understand it, he said that colour change was often caused by an exposed weld, but the goo is just wacky, when I flushed mine out there wasn't much in the actual radiator, just on the radiator car and the thermostat which are both made of what look to me to be the same metal, could the coolant be reacting to contact with this metal?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still getting goo in mine about every week...SO..I'm gonna (soon) change the water pump seal and maybe shaft, to see if that helps. Is it worth me ordering the two bearings that are in there as well??..do they tend to need replacing??

I guess its also worth ordering the gasket and "special" O ring..as its called on the parts list. :(

• 4 weeks later...

my bike is on a ship form hong kong to UK now bob..so you'll have to wait a few weeks :(

My last few weeks of riding it in Hong Kong, I kept gettting the goo, and it was getting worse,,so I bought a water pump seal, but didnt get round to fitting it.

Will fit it when the bike arrives here, and let you know if it makes a difference...(unfortunately that will be almost another 2 months though!!!) :)