Owner Of New Fantic 240 Twinshock

mr clean

Hi All

I just picked up an 83 Fantic 240 Professional Twinshock. I really like this little bike.

While overlooking this old gem and checking out what it needs I noticed something very peculiar. There was a cable going to the exhaust port and it had what appeared to be a Powervalve which was throttle activated. However the cover to this powervalve was missing so that the cable doesn't do anything.

Anyone have any weblinks or info on this? In the parts manual it is not there. I would like to get the missing part for this, or is it something that I should just remove and forget about?

Also, I have a bunch of parts on order for this bike and I would like to know where I can get an inexpensive good rear tire for it, forksprings (I weigh 240lbs), and the chainguard. Any good sources for parts would be appreciated.

The front forks are terrible, I think that the springs have had it, and the fork seals leak. I am not 100% sure of the procedure to put in new fork seals. I did notice that the circlips that hold the seals into place were broken. Any tips on how to remove broken circlips? In the parts manual, there is no parts number or size for these circlips. Where can I get a pair at the correct size.

Any thing that I should know about regarding replacing the springs and seals?

I hope that Fantic gets back into Trials production again, and comes out with a very good thumper!

I am located in North Vancouver BC, Canada

Cheers,

Dwayne