Repsol Oil

jools

I think that most of us would be hard pressed to notice any difference between the various oils... apart from Silkolene which i found never burnt very well and gummed up plugs.

i tried silkolene a few years ago in my techno and its horrible stuff it also leaves a little bit of oil at the back of your carb where the arbox rubber joins on.

James

I've been using Repsol for 2 years...(without strawberries)..and am very happy with it.

One thing I'm STILL curious about though, is the dealer here that sells it insists that it is a SEMI synthetic 2T...even though the bottle I buy says sintetico on the label....(which I guessed would mean synthetic)...will try to post a pic soon, to see if its the same as what you guys over there buy? :blink:

Lots of Beta riders (including me)here in the US (with the blessing of Beta USA)are using Ipone at 100:1 with very good results. If you run the strawberry scented version however, people will make ugly remarks about your manhood.

I have done a little checking on synthetics. Some manufacturers (Maxima and Amsoil for instance) give a great deal of technical info and full specifications on their websites. All full synthetics are not the same. Viscosities vary depending on the application. For instance, the full synthetics meant for injector use are thinner than premix oils meant for racing. I think (for what it is worth)these thicker full synthetics (Maxima K2, Belray MC1, Ipone, some Amsoils, and others) are safe to use for normal trials riding at 100:1. The TTC has been using Maxima K2 at 100:1 for a couple of years with only good results.

I realize this is a touchy subject for some people, but there it is. Now everyone throw in your 2 cents worth.

I used Ipone once (S2 & Samuri) and found them to be quite smokey, especially on road trials, also you need to repack your silencer a lot more often. The Cleanest i've used so far is Motul 600, but as r2w said, its a bit smokey when you stop/just given the bike a bit of a blast :wall: . My local dealer is stocking the Repsol stuff, so just wanted your verdict :blink:.

So sounds like its good quality so far?