Air Box

bri8617

got myself a 200txt pro about a week ago ,had a proper look over it today,checked air filter,changed gearbox oil etc .i sure i need to do some mods to the airbox ,but carn,t find them on here .anybody let me know what they are ,and any other maintainance /mod tips would be greatly welcomed .cheers in advance

• 2 weeks later...

cheers for the help guys.i,ve sealed the box and ordered the skirt and guard for round the exhaust/rad .what do i do with the clear plastic flap at the bottom of the airbox tape it up or leave it ? also do i drill a small hole at the bottom of the flywheel cover??

cheers for the help r2.on a different topic hows your chain/boot guard from trials cast.don,t know whether 2 go for that or the YOU HAVE USED WORDS OR A PHRASE WHICH ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THIS WEBSITE. PLEASE DELETE YOUR POST/TOPIC. DO NOT TRY TO CIRCUMVENT THE FILTERS IN PLACE ON THIS WEBSITE frame/chain guards.

Probably the best thing I did for my 05 280 is to buy some sheets of clear adhesive "stuff" made by 3M or some company. You can find it in most bike shops and I think its used on MX bikes for the number plates or something. But its a clear adhesive rubbery stuff.

Anyways, take about 2-3 hours and use some cardboard to model the "important" parts of your bike. So use the cardboard and a pair of scissors to copy the general shape of what you're covering with the adhesive stuff and then cut the adhesive according to the rough layout of the cardboard.Then stick your adhesive piece on the certain part of your bike and then trim away and rough spots or overhanging bits.

I used this to cover my shiny frame(Gasgas words part), seat decals (often worn to hell by boots), lower fork legs(looks ugly cause of the taper, but hey, it protects them so :wall: ), and on the part of the swingarm where your boots wear through the stickers (at the heels). I find this to be an excellent way to protect a bike and leave it looking as it is. I will need to redo my swingarm areas since I wore off the adhesive stuff, but I'll be smiling when I sell it for big $$ cause of the "new" condition of it. Except the fender, scratched that so now the decals are messed up, but I'll fix that when I sell it. Remember to go over it with a hairdryer or comparable thing after your done and push down on it whilest putting heat on it to make it stick. Then later, use heat to pull it off.

I think that's all.... :blink::D