Gas Gas Kick Start Spring?

renegade master

Hi Guys, has anyone any experience in the txt gas gas kick start spring? I am in the process of putting my engine back togeather and now I can't get the kick start lever to return back in to the storage place, the spring has got loose now and its like mission impossible to try to wind up the spring and then put the kick start shaft in to it.... so I am thinking my next move is to buy a new one, wonder does it come tensioned?.... oh and does anybody know what the part code for the needle bearing that the kick start shaft sits into?

Cheers

Colinpost-19212-0-84069100-1415063262_thumb.png

Ok thanks lineaway, does anybody know whats the name of jim snells video on it, I looked up all his youtube videos and could'ntfind it?

also does anybody know anything about the kick start baring.... see my pics below........ I tryed to remove it this morning but the whole carrier for it poped out! wonder is this a single unit?

cheers guyspost-19212-0-25565900-1415104550_thumb.jpgpost-19212-0-85721400-1415104580_thumb.jpgpost-19212-0-39905300-1415104642_thumb.jpg

By the way the kick starter is probably the most time consuming component to deal with. Be patient. The video does wonders. Also under Gas Gas Pro Tech on Jim`s web site. Is a factory bulletin on engine problems. Inside this is the timing specs for the kick start shaft. It is a word document, so I cannot give you the link to it.

Make sure the timing of the gear on the shaft is correct. Than put the spring in the shaft. Put it in the hole in the engine, 1 clockwise turn, and put it in all the way.

I have never done the bearing,

You need bearing MT280226067 according to my part program

mt280226067.jpg

Edited by crazybond700

I had my own k/s spring looking "ugly", kinda like the one in the picture. They can be bent back into shape, so it's not totally necessary to buy a new one. But having them in as near "stock" shape as you can get them definitely makes them easier to install. Nearly impossible when they're bent outta shape like that one is, and mine was.

Jimmie

Edited by mr neutron

In case it might help the original poster, or someone else, The video needed for help installing the kickstarter & spring is the one called "Engine Repair Part Three, GASGAS "Pro" (Trials)". It's primarily an assembly video, with the first two mostly dealing with disassembly. The part relevant to the kickstarter asssembly is at the 2:00 minute point. I'll try to leave a link below here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A80n7zq80n8

Hope this helps!

Jimmie