Cadnam Trial 30 Nov 14

quinty

Hi All,

Just wanted to log on and say thanks to all the guys at the meeting on sunday. I speak for our group of mates (6 of us) who had never even been to a trial, never mind even entering one!!!! Anyway we all felt that we had been made very welcome right from the off when most of us had to be pulled into the site by a digger as our vans all got stuck!!! lol. not a good start and a little embarrassing.

We all enjoyed it very much and appreciated everyones patience and guidance. We all 6, have spent a lifetime on motorcycles of one form or another, most on crossers, enduros, road bikes and road racing. so this was a totally different experience.

For us oldies, it was a bit like footballers…… start off in youth as a centre forward and retire in goal!!!!!!

Anyway enough of my waffle. thanks again and when do we get to have a laugh and see some results???

Cheers Quintin

Glad you enjoyed it, most folk in the motorcycle world are pretty friendly, the trials circles particularly so. The culprits responsible for your excellent days fun, and indeed mine were Ian Guy, Mike Popperwell Kevin Eddols and their respective partners who all support and run the South Coast Scramble Club. Obviously not forgetting the landowner :):) for access to a very nice piece of trials ground and observers and other unsung supporters.

I hope you will join us again, there are a number of trials clubs in and around the area where the primary focus is fun, most aimed at classic bikes with a class/classes for beginners on more modern machinery! I am not sure where you are from or what bikes you have but Somerton Classic, Somerton District Mcc, Dorset Classic Scramble club, Wilts and Dorset Mcc all run some excellent events. The advantage with most is that the sections are challenging without being intimidating, offering a range of routes including a 50/50 route at some, and there is always someone on hand to help in whatever way required, be it physical dragging you out of the ditch or mud! or advice guidance on bike type, performance, problems and riding techniques etc.

no idea who you are, I was on a 1978 Blue Bultaco Sherpa 250, hopefully we will see you again.

• Like 1