Reed Valve!

Whilst in conversation with steve Saunders about my registration woes , see other post, I mentioned to him about the severity of the power and kicking in and spinning up the rear wheel in snotty conditions especially on hills and was there any way of calming it down , I already have the low comp insert , flywheel weight and slow throttle , he suggested fitting a redd block spacer to improve the torque level.

As per his advice I fitted said spacer , when I removed the reed block I found that at the factory hadn't screwed the reed petal and movement restricter all the way home so these two items were loose ! I suppose worst case scenario these could have broke due to vibration and been swallowed up !

It appears that the holes for the self taper screws weren't big enough to let the screw seat fully tight , I didn't have a drill the right size so just put a 3 mm washer behind the screw , problem solved nice n tight now !

All back together now and waiting for a trial on Sunday to see how much of an improvement the spacer has made .