Hi From France

richfr

Hi I am Richard I live in France (Brittany) and am new to trials. I have an R6 road bike but fancy some fun on a Trials bike. Plenty of land around me to get me started but bikes appear to be in short supply and condition may be a problem.

I have done some reading looking around and fancy a Beta Rev3 probably an 03-06 would prefer a 125 or 200 but I see more 250s advertised.
Could end up finding one in the UK and bring it back. Be handy to find one near the ferry that is road registered and ride it on :D save paying to bring the car/trailer over.

Looks a friendly forum full of useful info :thumbup:

• Like 1

Hi richfr sorry I can't reply in French,the amount of Scorpa's I've owned I should be fluent.

Sounds like the trials scene over there is pretty quiet?

You've had some great riders in years past Burgat,Michaud Cammozi,Girard,Coutard.

All greats ,funny we've loads of riders but never had anyone World class.

Cheers as we say up here.

Bonjour Richard,je suis John,dans le Isle de Jersaise.Hullo Richard,I live in Jersey,Channel Islands,not too far from you. Our classic and modern club has a 2 day trial on March 7th & 8th if you would like to come over to watch,or take part. We had a few riders from a Brittany club last year,they enjoyed themselves. We do get bikes for sale sometimes.Here is an email address to try:- bob@bobsmotorcycles.co.uk. Look at www.jerseytrials.com to see more of what we do. Hope this helps,see you in 2 months? Mes salutations,John.

Hi richfr sorry I can't reply in French,the amount of Scorpa's I've owned I should be fluent.

Sounds like the trials scene over there is pretty quiet?

You've had some great riders in years past Burgat,Michaud Cammozi,Girard,Coutard.

All greats ,funny we've loads of riders but never had anyone World class.

Cheers as we say up here.

Hi no problem I am English anyway (from North East) I just live in France.

Hi Richard,

I live down in the Haute Savoie. Have you tried looking on leboncoin.fr seems like there is a few bikes in your area.

Good luck,

Phil

Yeah I looked on Leboncoin but most are fairly new and out of budget. Ones that are don't look in good nick.

Will keep looking.

Bonjour Richard,je suis John,dans le Isle de Jersaise.Hullo Richard,I live in Jersey,Channel Islands,not too far from you. Our classic and modern club has a 2 day trial on March 7th & 8th if you would like to come over to watch,or take part. We had a few riders from a Brittany club last year,they enjoyed themselves. We do get bikes for sale sometimes.Here is an email address to try:- bob@bobsmotorcycles.co.uk. Look at www.jerseytrials.com to see more of what we do. Hope this helps,see you in 2 months? Mes salutations,John.

Hi John thanks for the invite but we have just had a baby and I doubt I could get away for a few days at the moment. Will have a look on the site you listed.

I would mirror the comment about looking on the Bon coin. It is awash with trials bikes of all shape,sizes and prices.

I really would not buy a Uk bike as you really need one that is registered/ homologated in France. Why... well all things here have to be insured, technically any way, a French registered bike will help and it costs peanunts through the company ' Abela ' . Moving on from this if you ever progress to a trial unless your bike is insured you will not be able to ride. The only problem I see is that France is a huge country and the bike you want will be Km's away..

Hope this helps

I don t know how hard or easy it is to register a bike. I have just gone through the process with a twinshock, a French bought bike with a lost carte grise. This was done using the carte gris collection, for older bikes although I dont know when the age cut off is.

It might be straight forward or a can of worms thats the beauty of France ...

Hi Richard

Cant help with a bike but wondered are there many places to ride in Brittany? What area of Brittany are you in?

Thanks

Tony

I am in central Brittany not far from Carhaix. I live in the country plenty just outside its a lot like Yorkshire.

I think there are a few clubs around but haven't really looked yet.

I don t know how hard or easy it is to register a bike. I have just gone through the process with a twinshock, a French bought bike with a lost carte grise. This was done using the carte gris collection, for older bikes although I dont know when the age cut off is.

It might be straight forward or a can of worms thats the beauty of France ...

Yeah it can be lottery. I managed to register a grey imported Subaru STI but couldn't do a Toyota.

I am in central Brittany not far from Carhaix. I live in the country plenty just outside its a lot like Yorkshire.

I think there are a few clubs around but haven't really looked yet.

Looking to buy a place in Brittany this year hopefully with a little riding space so will keep in touch :)

Looking to buy a place in Brittany this year hopefully with a little riding space so will keep in touch :)

Have you been looking or will it be your first visit? Can get a lot for your money at the moment and land isn't worth much especially the type of land that would be good for trials.

Lots of old small quarries dotted around.

You looking at a specific area?