Thinking Of Buying This Rev3

richfr

I am thinking of getting this Beta as my first bike.

Its a 2004 250 Rev3 said it was serviced in April 14 but not used due to an injury.

Its also had a new water pump.

Road registered

Asking €1400 (about £1100)

Can anybody see anything obvious from the photos? apart from the normal things anything I need to look for?

post-20890-0-50176600-1421082428_thumb.jpg

post-20890-0-72675500-1421082488_thumb.jpg

post-20890-0-06874800-1421082514_thumb.jpg

Hopefully go see it Wednesday afternoon but its a bit of a trek.

Thanks for the help :)

Edited by richfr

Make sure the oil isn't milky via the sight glass, small amount of petrol coming from the carb when running is normal, silencers are easy to repack if it blows a little, check the shock works fine as they are very expensive to replace. Great bikes, I had an 04 and 06, if its been serviced the air filter will be nice and clean so check it, and so will the oil and water, check all. Give it a good run, all gears and get it nice and hot. £1,100 doesn't sound too bad for a clean one, might be a bargain in France?

Hi,

I bought a 2004 Rev3 about 7 tears ago.

I've ridden it frequently and it's bullet-proof and reliable.

The only non-consumables have been....

- Inner clutch casing eroded behind the water pump impeller (oil in the window goes milky). £60

- Rear brake master cylinder (rear brake is a pig to bleed)

- New thermostat (£15

Don't worry if...

- petrol leaks when on an angle

- clutch takes a long time to free off when first started

They're all like that.

I'm sure it will be solid buy.

TonyP

Looks pretty clean, check for any play in the bearings, fork seals leaking, any loose spokes, dents in the frame/ rims can indicate a hard life. As the others say, casing corrosion and the clutch sticking are the main issues with these bikes- plenty of fixes on the forum. Can't really go too far wrong with one of these, though I've spend a bit on mine the bike is running nice now

If you do buy her there are a couple of things we used to do to our rev3's that made servicing the carb a great deal easier. Firslty swap the rubber boot around that links the air box to the carb, as standard the small opening goes to the carb so turn it so the larger opening hooks up to the carb and the smaller end to the air box. There is also as standard a spacer on the reed block, we took this out which moves the carb closer to the engine giving more room to fit the carb back in place. This seemed to slightly smooth out the power on the 270's but I don't know why.

Thanks the info guys really appreciate it.

He has said I can go buy the bike but the Grey card (V5) hasn't arrived yet and its up to me if I want to buy without it as he has other people lined up :rolleyes:

Told him I can see it the day/evening it arrives but not before not worth the risk.

I got the bike. Was in a village at night so difficult trying it.

Exhaust needs a repack and a good clean and service.

Clutch was dragging when cold so will pull it out and clean basket and plates when I do the oil.

Got it in the car ok (but gassed out all the way home) just have to get it out on my own :)

• Like 1