Sherco 250 2011, Unused

arw

My 2011 used to leak when transporting but only emptied the float bowl (keihin carb). It could be dirt in the pump holding the valves open. I rebuilt my pump just after getting mine for piece of mind, There's not alot to them. I always run 2 filters either side of the pump also.

The dellorto doesnt have a overflow if I recall so it could be leaking a bit to the cylinder.

The triggers in the stator are 2 small surface mount hall sensors, they are about 1x2mm. You have to dig the silicone away on the plastic mount to get to them.

You have to be good with a really small soldering iron as it's micro surgery!.

There's the readings on splatshops site for checking them but it's a bit hit and miss with a multimeter.

9 times out of 10 it's the triggers that go on them, I have 2 spare ones as I had to spend minimum £10 for the order so brought 2 spares and some other stuff to make it up.

1st sign of problems is the occasional backfire when starting.

I will dig them out and get the part numbers posted from them.

abit of an update... i have fitted an inline tap, adjusted the float and cleaned the needle, stripped the pump and given that a good clean. ive got one inline filter in the system but it cracked today for no reason so il have to ride tmoro without. it does the odd backfire when starting but starts and runs cleaner now ive adjusted the float.

i cleaned up the pistons in the front caliper as they were caked in crap and bled the brakes through.

my 04 never needed all this, just tip petrol in (and all over it) and gooooooo!!!!

• 10 months later...

just to drag this thread back up.

still riding the 2011 250, had a go on a 2016 250 and bugger me the suspension was 90% better than mine, what a bike!

So, how is the best way to change the front fork oil? it seems to have alot of sag.

I stripped the rear shock a last week and gave it a good service, am I right in thinking rear shocks need servicing? 

any tips appreciated