Gearbox Oil-help!

betajitsie

hi im going to a trial tomorrow and checking my bike over just now i realised that a small puddle of gearbox oil has come out of the breather pipe because the bike was leaned over slightly in the shed.looked in the siteglass doesnt appear to be much so i started the bike up any way .after warming it up i put it in first and tried to go........i let the clutch out only the slightest bit and the bike stalled ??????is this because thier is not enough oil in thier or something ???????if any one cud give me any ideas before tomorrow morning that would great Thanks

Are you sure its gearbox oil? And why don't you try to track it, coming out a breather pipe doesn't sound right. Lean it over again and it might be a gasket or something.

The only certain piece of advice from me is to never ride or drive any vehicle with low oil. Otherwise you risk letting the parts rub together without lube. Then the engine seizes. :(