Kentucky Trial

Why yes he did. I do not think words can do it justice, and the boss is the keeper of the camera, not to mention that I would have probably dropped the thing as my jaw dropped open watching Ryan ride that thing.

I would definetely say they are somewhat finicky starting, not sure what it is, spoke with Milt about his for a bit as well. I personally have not rode one yet, I believe wholeheartedly in Pate Keen's advice of don't ride anything that you are not willing to buy. I am afraid I will get jonesing for one and a new bike for me would definitely put a major strain on the marital bliss at the moment!

Jumping on top of the log was a high point to me. Let me try and describe. Large log with a split trunk so it is a Y. One leg of the Y on the ground maybe 1.5 to 2' in Diameter. The other Y hanging up in the air, tilted about 20 degrees of too the side, the top of the end of it was hmmmm 4' in the air.

Ryan rides up to it, puts his front wheel up on the end of the stob, then hops the back end over to square up to the log, there is a pile of RR ties behind him that his rear wheel is now almost against, so it is ??? 5.5' from the end of the stob. Sits there balanced and composes himself (I would have fallen a long time ago) and revs the beejeebus out of the thing, drops the clutch and jumps up on top of this stob sticking out, 4' in the air. rides down the length of the log and off. Then turns around, runs back up the log, jumps off the stob, that same 5.5' or so through the air and lands on top of the RR tie pile that is 5' tall. Just makes me cringe thinking about it.

The results should be up on www.trialsinc.org and look at Ryan's scores and compare them to the "Champ" scores and relize that Ryan had to do a couple of extra splits, not to mention one special request "log removal" line for Dean. I guess I was using that "Team Trials" concept there!

I need to sit down and do a report on the weekend I know... Might get too it, then again, might not :(

I think Milt did pretty fair on his out there as well...

Wow, Phil is up on it. I do not see the exact picture, but here is Ryan on the rocks, and if you look behind him to the left side of the picture, you can see the log I tried to describe.

http://www.trialsinc.org/pics/05sadd/imagepages/image21.htm

There is a particularly terrible picture of me in there as well,,,,, Teach me to act stupid out there riding, and a couple of good ones of Dean.

I rode my first non-MOTA event this weekend in Kentucky... WOW. The terrain was unlike anything I've been able to ride in SE Michigan (did you know they have HILLS down there?!) just the loop trail was more fun than most of the natural terrain here. I got to meet Alan, very nice guy, along with everyone else that I spoke with. They even got a pic of me in the gallery, but the only way to tell is I was the only one on a Scorpa :(

Looks like I'm gonna have to keep that weekend open next year :)

Quote from the RYP forum

I am now a 4 stroke man! I rode the new 3.2 sherco at my first two day competition and definately had the advantage over everyone with better traction and third gear power for big items like no other bike i have ever ridden. The smooth power delivery also gave me a ton of confidence to try some scary lines. It did all the difficult lines easier than my old two stroke. I loved it on the loop also. Just a ton of low end power and cruises smoothly. I posted a few videos on the main website. check them out. I will be riding this bike for the rest of the season. It started first kick every section. It is all technique. The bike was totally stock, except for a smaller main jet. I changed the 128 main, to a 126 main. Again, I am now a 4 stroke man!

That was a FUN day trying to shadow Ryan for two loops.

He made the 4t look real good.

I was trying to pick up ideas on how to

ride the 4t differently than the 2t.

Conclusion: Ride it the same. ( at least for me)

Lots of clutch. Steady throttle

Biggest difference is how much longer the power lasts.

Ride a 2t( 05) that you think revs good then the 4t and you feel

the power falling flat quickly on the 2-smoke.

4t-times the FUN

Milt