No Ssdt Chat?

highland lassie

Not in the Arizona Desert it ain't?

Hi gizza,

Just you wait - climate change is heading directly towards Low North and it will drop rain in Death Valley, California and Arizona on the way.............

Might of course, take a while, 'cos the forecasters have been typically vague on the timescale.............

• Like 1

Hi,

Might not be much chat about the SSDT this time around - but for sure there's plenty of people busy making their plans as to how to get there this time, where to watch (Leanachan seems an awkward spot to have to come to beg a bacon buttie..........) or simply just getting bikes ready for the fray.

My activity is centred round putting together a series of features on the Pre-65 Scottish starting in the very next issue of my digital magazine, filled with dozens of photographs taken over the last few years - like the one of my old mate Malcolm Cocking from Oldham seen in the 2012 event that I am attaching to this post.

And if you want to really look at what the Scottish has been about over all the years that it has been run, don't forget that ORRe already includes the complete history, fully illustrated, of the SSDT from 1909 on, serialised in the earlier issues - and when you take out a subscription you get immediate access to ALL of those back issues FOR FREE - yes, that's right, ALL of them.

Whatever you are up to - let's hope the weather holds fair like it so often does - and that everyone thoroughly enjoys themselves.

Cheers

Deryk Wylde

post-19290-0-44877200-1427621657_thumb.jpg

Edited by laird387

"There's a distinct lack of SSDT chat this year."

Interesting to hear that, I thought SSDT and pre-65 chat on TC was absolutely dead last year and didn't seem to be much on the SSDT site either.

I rather assumed it was all taking place on one of them new-fangled Twitter things or something?. Funny, but I also thought the events themselves seemed pretty low-key and lacking much of the old atmosphere.

Hi,

To help generate some SSDT chat - how about a puzzle picture to solve.

Photographed by Jack Knoops in 2010 at the Pre-65 Scottish is rider number 56, which the entry list clearly identifies as Colin Bailey from Whitby on a Trifield 500.

The bike is clearly an HT5 or HT3 Ariel, so is it a swop of bike, or a swop of rider and bike?

We want to use the photograph (without the watermark) in a major feature on the Pre-65 Scottish in forthcoming ORRe digital magazines - but we only use accurate images (that is complete with correct captions), so please can anyone solve the problem, 'cos if we are not sure of the correct identification - we don't use it..............

Thanks in advance for your help,

Deryk Wylde

post-19290-0-58020000-1427990959_thumb.jpg

Edited by laird387