Red Marley

wallo

Really looking forward to the Red Marley trial this weekend, the bikes are all prepped and ready to go.

Me and my mate are hoping to win the Rock Shocks for the best Triumph and Matchless riders.

I'm riding the Matchless on the left my mate is riding the Triumph on the right.

post-6784-0-21229900-1427874479_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Wallo,

I strongly recommend that you change that lurid yellow for the more traditional black or yellow if you are to compete in classic/pre 65 trials. That way you'll be more in keeping with ALL the other fiddle bikes entered.

As both your bikes have rigid back ends, I guess you would be grafting the Rock shocks on to the front of your machines.

Finally, when you are competing, take care not to bite your tongue wedged so firmly in your cheek. Nice one Wallo!

Wallo,

I strongly recommend that you change that lurid yellow for the more traditional black or yellow if you are to compete in classic/pre 65 trials. That way you'll be more in keeping with ALL the other fiddle bikes entered.

As both your bikes have rigid back ends, I guess you would be grafting the Rock shocks on to the front of your machines.

Finally, when you are competing, take care not to bite your tongue wedged so firmly in your cheek. Nice one Wallo!

No, saddles if they have any sense - I very nearly suffered terminal numb bum after completing one of the early Arbuthnots on my pre-War BSA B21.....................

Wallo,

The Rock Shocks will go on our trick bikes, we like to keep these as traditional as possible, ie as they were when they left the factory back in '59.

Hi Guy's.

I was told that Paul Wright wanted to get back into the Classic Trials game, and this was his New Scorpion on test (The one on the right) by the way you have spelled Rockshock wrong.

I have the right sized nipples Deryk but they are now sagging a bit.

Regards Charlie.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I scanned the results of the Red Marley trial, but the only mention of wallo's bikes must have been in the Chinese hieroglyphics - which, sadly, I can't comprehend.

I still prefer ye olde tymes for my memories of Red Marley, like this shot of the Easter Monday 1939 meeting, with Arthur Goddard (48 - Onslow Special) and Wilmot Evans (23) on his Triumph each about to hope the front wheel landing after the 'pimple' goes well....................

PHOTO:  GRIFF BURY

post-19290-0-51012700-1430563809_thumb.jpg

Edited by laird387
  • Like 1