Sherco St 250 - 250 Cc Of Awesome !

michael_t

Thanks for the kind words I posted the same picture on our local forum and the boys here were quick to point out I was "sucking it in" hopefully a few months of riding every day and I won't have to be sucking it in as much :blush:  

and oh yeah my good friends over at the trailer park... my son is a fan :wall:

• 4 months later...

Hard to believe it has been 6 months and the season here has wrapped up. I Just wanted to say thanks again to RPM Cycle and Sherco Canada for all their support this year. We had 5 events this year and one organized training day. I had to miss one of the events but made the others. The bike performed flawlessly and I was top novice rider for the year. In the last event 3 of us decided that after one lap we would move up to the Intermediate line and I still did respectable so plan to practice over the winter and stay in the Intermediate class for next year.

I have to confess I did not get out and practice as much as I would have liked but hope to make up for it over the winter (best laid plans).

I find that the sherco advertising is bang on when they say the 300 is for the top competitive riders and "The 250 meanwhile is reserved for intermediate riders who are looking for a certain sweetness in acceleration and an easier bike to ride." Having a bike that is easier to ride is a huge advantage in my mind. Little things like how easy it is to start compared to my 290 X-Ride it isn't that the 290 doesn't start well it just takes a bit more "technique" and more of a kick so no problem trail riding but when riding sections with lots of stops and starts a little easier starting is helpful.

I also found the power to be very usable I really only used 1st and 2nd in sections and had fun with both without really worrying about getting out of control. The bike always seemed well balanced and a good fit for my 6'1", 200lb frame.

I was careful about making sure there was no dirt around the fuel cap when filling. I can see it being a bit of an issue if the bike was dirty and you were in a rush but that was never the case for me.

I really just had a ton of fun on the bike and really feel it has made a huge improvement in my riding abilities and confidence.

Cheers,

Michael

post-16313-0-33077400-1445469118_thumb.jpg

post-16313-0-92739500-1445469137_thumb.jpg

post-16313-0-06843000-1445469153_thumb.jpg

Edited by michael_t

• 3 weeks later...

• 6 months later...

Just thought I would post a little update.

I am still really enjoying the 250. I moved up a class and ended up middle of the pack at our first event of the year so am very pleased!

I shared my bike with a coupe of people at the last event and I hear one of them went and bought a 2016 ST250 first thing Monday :)

A few pictures from the event can be found here: https://dualsport.smugmug.com/2016-Ride-Reports/2016-NovsScotiaTrialsAssociati/NovsScotiaTrialsAssociation-Ev/

And a short video of me playing around in the back yard... I'm afraid the Up and Over trial's pants make me look heavier than I am :blush:

https://youtu.be/S0lfYQoiDwM

• Like 1

Yep... funny thing the less I ride my bike the bigger the problem becomes...

As a side note when I bought my first trials bike, I had a bet with my wife that if I didn't loose 15lbs in 2 months I promised I would sell it (I won the bet).

Trials truly is great exercise but like any exercise it is only really effective if you do it regularly. Once a week or so just doesn't cut it. That is why it is so nice to be able to ride 30 minutes or so around the yard really no excuse not to get out there every day... I just need to get back at it. Might need to make a new bet.