'84 300 Pro ?

axulsuv

I know the center cases on a 300 are different than a 240 , and some of the outer cases can be swapped about .

But I have a ? I should know the answer to but I don't.  :dunce:  On the 300 motor do you have to split the cases to do main seals like a 240 , or can they be done like the later motors in situ ... ?  I just want to freshen it up before the build starts , it's been dormant for quite a while :)

Glenn

And what happened to my mentor Lee Harris ?????

Edited by axulsuv

Thanks for the message Doug , But I hate to say I don't Facebook ! I've got enough other things to do and keep my contacts straight ....See if you can get lee to contact me , or I'll look and see if I still have his mail address , he should have mine ?

Glenn

Hi, 300 seals can be done in situ, the drive side seal is in a steel retainer outside of the main bearing, the timing side seal, is as a 240 and could be changed in situ (if your clever/brave enough) to attempt. As for Lee, he is now a proud father of a beautiful daughter. 

Hi Glenn, as Doug wrote, I spend more time on facebook than here... sorry if you missed me but I see that you got the answer from Peter and from Bas! Yes Peter she is lovely...keeps me busy as does her Mum!!! Theres just so much Tattoo to look at!!!

Glenn, Did you buy a 300 or putting a 249 motor in the 240?

I think you have my mail address if you need to contact me directly? I am in the US in June, if you need me to bring anything just let me know!

cheers

ที่กำบัง แฮร์ริส

actually says Lee Harris! but sanscript!

Congratulations Lee !  Now your making me feel old , my beautiful daughter just graduated college last weekend :)

I'm following in your footsteps , putting a VERY low hrs. 84 300 into my trusty 240 . I want to save the engine that is in her now,and tear it down to confirm a suspicion I have as to the origins of my unique 240 , I need to measure the bore and stroke in it ( I've had it apart to clean ,but never had the need to measure it ...) as it may be one of Jaime Subira 's alleged 300 prototype bikes ... Would explain why mine runs the way it does :) And if it is , well then we just save that motor ....

Great to hear from you !

Cheers ,

Glenn 

And it looks like the whole old fantic clan is back again  ! :)

Edited by axulsuv