Comparison 300 To 280

I was just wondering if anyone had ridden both a JTG 300 and a JTG 280 to compare performance?

I have a 2013 JTG 300 with 2014 & 2015 updates including 2015 mapping.

All standard as far as I know including fast action throttle. Just to say I LOVE the JTG 300.

What would the 2014 JTG 280 be like in comparison?

280 is slightly less torquey but revs higher,I found it easier to ride but I'm not brilliant.My son who is pretty good preferred the 300 ,we tried them both at the Jotagas test day ,I suggest you try one if you can find one,there's not many about.2014 models are quite an improvement on the previous year,2015 are not much different to a 2014

Edited by huski
  • Like 1

on gasgas 280s the power is alot snappier on the 280 and its usually expert riders who own them. this is not the case with the 280 jotagas. it is very smooth and has plenty of tourque. i also found it easier to ride than the 300. it feels lighter to ride and revs quicker. it also does not have the problem which some of the 300s had that year which was extremely bad pinking due to dodgy cyclinder heads with too much comprression . a low comp head sorted this.  it has alot more go than a 250 yet easier to ride than a 300. enough power for anyone, even championship riders.  a highly underated bike in my opinion.

• Like 2