2016 Pre-65 Entry List & Guy Martin Set To Ride

Andy

Mayhap the Edinburgh Club have taken a leaf out of the Indoor World Championship's book and introduced a wild card entry? Wild being the operative adjective! Should be a fascinating spectacle watching Guy trying to ride slowly. He'll definitely raise the profile of this classic event.

Might even be worthy of a mention in MCN and similiar "rags?" That would be novel.

But who is he? Didn't they get enough entires so they had some free ones left over?

Hi Guy's.

Have you, seen Guy on a down-hill mountain bike?

This guy is just a Star, and will make "Classic Trials" into one of "The things to do", If we encourage him to show a real interest.

One of the "Young Guns" companies like "Hope Technology"  behind him and sponsoring the event also helps,

Just spend a few minuets to take a look at the current "Cycling" scene, to see that we should get onto this band- wagon while we can.

And  the more we encourage the younger element to get interested in the current Classic Trials scene the better, and this is one way of going about it.

Happy Christmas Guys, and a "Classic Trials" New Year.

Charlie.

• Like 3

The entries for the Scottish closed on the the 4th December Wallo. They all go into a ballot (about 350 for 180 places this year I think) for the 180 places and then the unsuccessful ones go into another ballot for the 25 reserve places. I failed to make either list. It's the first time I've tried to enter and no negative comments game back about my bike, the letter tells you try again next year and that on your third unsuccessful attempt you are almost guaranteed an entry.

The conditions of entry state that the organisers reserve the right to give entries to certain people and I can well understand that. The likes of Mick Grant and Guy Martin are always going to get in over your average (or less than average in my case!) clubman due to the crowds they draw - and their past in whatever discipline earns them that right if you ask me.

As Charlie points out, it can only be a good thing for Pre 65 trials.

Hi Guy's.

Deryk don't be sceptical  with your views some roads may lead to a silver lining, and every opportunity that gets outside coverage of  Classic trial sport to a bigger and new group of people the better.

To get cycling companies like Hope involved  can only be a good thing, with new blood and new thinking we may be able to push the clock back. you never know.

Building this up way back in the early eighties, got me back into two-wheel sport after a long absence, so you can see that the cycling connection works? or may be not?

Season Greetings. Charlie.

post-2608-0-06691300-1450609989_thumb.jpg

Hi Charlie,

"Deryk don't be sceptical  with your views some roads may lead to a silver lining........"

My trouble is that I have been personally involved in making programmes to be shown on TV and long since learned that the TV producer is unlikely to really understand just what he is seeing so will end up putting something on the screen that is totally misleading.........

Equally the same can be said for most professional publications, which is why I decided to produce my own magazine and books all those years ago......

And, just to show I am not too sceptical - how about this  Gary Dowzall image of Martin Wilmore in the Photoreport of the Downland Trophy that is in ORRe-34 that will be with you very shortly - find me another publication with a similar photo if you can.

Happy Crimble, &c.

post-19290-0-99405700-1450612392_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I feel sure that everything the Guy Martin does, he takes seriously.

As a result he will do well, promote the sport, be positive about this and all associated events and most importantly give the sport publicity.

Who knows, the return of kickstart, Our Guy as presenter?

"The return of Kickstart" Please god i hope not. Worse thing that ever happened to the beautiful sport of trials. Its because of Kickstart that we have the ridiculous spectacle that is euphemistically called Indoor "Trials" bloody ruination of the sport.

Kickstart got my intrest as a boy, as a non motorbike riding family I would not have found the sport!

• Like 1