Non-Stop Self Marking

heavywrecker

Is there any difference between how ACU and AMCA trials mark Non-stop trials.

I have read the non-stop rules of a AMCA club and they differ from the ACU's TSR22B definition.

Without going into too much detail it more or less says a stop of more than 3 seconds is one mark lost. Footing once whilst stopped 2. 

My interpretation of TSR22B is if you stop, it's a five.

So which is right, or are they different?? 

Cheers 

Bill 

a quick look here (PDF - AMCA website);

causes me to highlight a few;

* The machine may also move back slightly as the rider regains momentum.

* No penalty for TOUCHING tape or Section Cards

* NOTE! Clubs may adopt their own marking rules, any changes should be stated on the entry sheet or the signing on sheets

* A machine will be deemed to be in the section when the front wheel has passed the Section Begins card and marks will be awarded until the back wheel has passed the Section Ends card.

* 13 to 15 year olds - Maximum 250cc

but that said, having read it a few times, i would say that it is "stop permitted" rules (TSR22A in ACU speak) as i can't see a rule saying "ceasing forward motion is a failure"

acu is front spindle front spindle not front and back.

Hi

And sensible section plotters NEVER put the ends cards just at the top of a climb, or other hazard, but well clear so that there is never the risk of an argumentative type throwing his bike towards the ends then claiming the front spindle was out.  In the early Sammy Miller series that turned the tide and gained floods of riders who suddenly felt they were riding against FAIR rules.