&mx News

cota kid

Is it me or has the trials content of T&MX reduced. Poor reporting of Ragas WTC win, not a single trials specific item in the new products and certainly less reported in Trials Torque. They are without doubt saving news and reports for trials world magazine. I now only buy T & MX for the trials regs.

I must lastly add that I am a fan of TWM, but its success wiull certainly be at the detriment of T & MX.

The biggest problem I see with many publications is a reliance on donated/free material/reports. My colleagues at my place of work thought I was mad to send these publications free material when the publications are getting paid for my work. If I

Edited by spud

I must agree with both the points made in this thread so far.

TMX's coverage of Ragas WTC win was less than enthusiastic and there is little to encourage us secretarys to sit down on a Sunday evening after completing the results and write 'copy' free of charge for them.

But I still buy TMX for the regs and I still write reports after every event. Perhaps we are our own worst enemies!

If more clubs would use the TC calendar for advertising events then quite simply I would no longer need to buy T & MX. This site has better and quicker reporting, faster results service and and greater selection of photos and action clips.

Has that earn't me a pint, Andy? :D<_<

The biggest headache for any Webmaster is keeping things simple and minimising them bloody links. The jumble of links, hyper links etc makes for hard reading. The paper publication on the other hand is simple, easy to read and best of all, can be referenced far more easier than any website. I'm sure there will always be demand for ink on paper, but the need will be less as time goes by. A paper-less society has a nice air about it, but it will never happen - well not in my lifetime! Time, money and manpower will see the growth of the website, with full-time jobs for the select few Webmasters that are creative. They say, "money talks". When market dominance is measured in money, how good is the TMX to any website? I refer to my earlier comment re: "donated free reports". Webmasters only react to censor articles that a publication will screen before printing. The Webmaster still needs to be very pro-active should rogue/undesirable reports entry a website - this includes chat rooms, the key here is pro-active not re-active. A publication will never match a website for speed of information, nor visual effects and interaction. Websites are better! But require a lot of policing a bit like a publication.