Foot Peg Bracket

beta boy

i was tightning the bolts on the foot peg brackets on my techno and the bolt snapped clean off ,and the rest is stuck in my frame i need to find fing away of getting it out before my dad finds out cause he just spent

Edited by beta boy

Don't try to fix it yourself - if you screw THAT up your dad will REALLY be pi$$ed. ;) Fess up - come clean and help your dad fix it. If he beats your a$$, so be it...take it like a man... lesson learned.

At least now you know how much torque it takes to twist off a bolt - file that away in your memory, you'll need it later.

Guest sherco dude

dont know much bout it but will it not need re tapping with a tap set?

if it does do not try that yourself i **** my bike up sometimes i just tell me dad then it gets fixed better ;)

thanks guys

dmx84 whats an easy out and how much do they cost

oh also i have told my dad what i did he didn't really care he said 'you wont leave it alone intill you brake it will you' i thought he was going to go crazy

he also said thats the last time im going to fix that piece of junk ill buy you a knew bike for your birthday so im well pleased maybe ill do it every year so i can get a knew bike

The standard way this scenrio goes bad is when someone tries to drill it out with a bit that's not perfectly sharp as in at least as good as brand new, then the drill bit wanders off center so bad it gets part way into the threaded frame metal, then the next mistake they make is they put a super hardened "easy out" in the hole which can't turn 'cause it's half in the frame, then they snap the darn thing off in there and it's all wrecked. Ever try to drill a hole through a file? "They" probably ought not to be tryin' that sorta' thing.

just done it on my front hub as I nipped up one of the disc bolts and sheared the bugger.

FfffffKinell Kinell, if thi gets the entry thi wants, take your bike to John Lampkin and ask for Griffo to set it up for the Scottish for you a week afore thi goes, trust me it el be brass well spent ;)