Two Stroke Design

hoodie2

I was checking out the pictures of the 06 models on Ryan Youngs site. At first sight they look great, but on closer inspection something looks wrong about the two stroke. It looks like Sherco are trying to have the 4 & 2 strokes share as many components as possible, but if so does this mean the design is primarily to improve the 4 stroke and has the 2 stroke been left with less than ideal parts. take the frame; it looks great on the four stroke but on the other bike there is too much unused space above the cylinder head. This could have allowed for a bigger fuel tank allowing a capacity more useful than the puny 2.8 litres quoted. Also the location of the electrics looks suspect on the two stroke, hanging above the carb. Are they trying to use the same tank & air box as well?

Anybody got any ideas or better yet any knowledge of how many components the models share?

I know it's hardly a core part of the bike, but maybe some of you saw my recent post where I bought a 290 2T rear mudguard and I got a 4T mudguard (with the vent holes).

Well I'm told that they're only doing the ones with the vent holes, so for the 2 stroke you can just stick the stickers over to cover the holes??? Well that was what I had done as a bodge - and i thought I'd stick some fibreglass behind it maybe - I never expected it to be the factory answer. Nothing too conclusive, but maybe another clue.